Miss Beatrix Potter Hen

Miss Beatrix Potter Hen
Miss Bea posing for Mama!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome to Mamabirdy's Country Chat!





   Welcome ! I'm glad you stopped by today. I've been playing around with the idea of beginning a blog and as I pause each day to read my friend, Celeste's, blog, A Perpetual Jubilee, I feel inspired and hopefully ready. So,ready,set,go !

   On my blog, I hope to chat about the things that are dear to my heart such as my faith walk, God's creation, my family, healthy eating and living, gardening, bird watching, keeping chickens, reading, cooking, fishing, homeschooling, and living in the quiet countryside of Wassergass, Pennsylvania.

   So for starters, I'd like to take a moment and introduce myself to you. My name is Karen Doll and I am married to my bestest friend in the whole world, David. We've been married now for 24 years on the twenty-first of this merry month of May. We live in the countryside in a small area known as Wassergass in eastern Pennsylvania. We have two children, Emily, who is 21 and Jeremy who is 18. Emily is a recent graduate of Moravian College and will be pursuing her Master's and Doctorate degree in Developmental Psychology at George Mason University in Virginia  in the fall. Jeremy will be graduating from high school this month and although he has no immediate plans to go to college, he aspires to work on a farm and has been learning the ropes by volunteering at a local farm, Flint Hill Farm and Agricultural Center in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania.

   As animal lovers, we have a variety of pets- one dog, Pip, a Bichon Frise who will be 10 in July, two rescued cats,Kitty and Boo,and a flock of ten laying hens ! Over the years we  have also fostered mother cats about to give birth, orphan kittens, Greyhounds, Bichons, and most recently, a male goat kid whom I affectionately called "Little Goat Man."   

  My husband, David, is a self-employed remodeler/handyman. I have been spending my days as a stay-at-home mother and homeschool teacher. However, now that my son will be graduating from our homeschool, Countryside Academy, I find myself pondering over what I will do with all of my free time. Oh, the joy of so many possibilities ! Perhaps I'll become an entrepreneur. Perhaps I'll put pencil to paper or rather fingers to keyboard and record all of my original educational enrichment ideas into a book. Or perhaps I'll try my hand at raising Delaware chickens as this breed is considered threatened and they are one of my favorite.

   So, as our school days come to an end, I will be spending time in prayer, seeking His will for this next stage of my life. 

   "For I know the plans I have for you,"says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11
 Thank you for stopping by and I hope this will be a place to meet new friends, chat with friends already dear, share stories, tips and tidbits, pray for each other, celebrate together, comfort one another, and just revel in the joy that is found in being created by God for God !

   "I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works and my soul knows very well." - Psalm 139:14
  
                      May God bless your day !

        Karen

   
  
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/upcycled-chicken-coop-clever-chicks.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Thank you so much for visiting my wee little blog...haven't posted as regularly as I would like...my mother has Alzheimer's disease and was recently diagnosed as being legally blind. Although she now lives in an assisted living facility, my family and I still spend a lot of time with her visiting, taking her to doctor's appts, getting her things that she needs, etc. One of the ways I destress is spending time just watching and listening to my sweet hens. They do bring me great joy as I know your own flock does for you !!!! I am so honored by your request to link up my blog...I LOVE the blog hop idea, but didn't think my minimal posts qualified. How do I go about linking up ?

    ReplyDelete