Miss Beatrix Potter Hen

Miss Beatrix Potter Hen
Miss Bea posing for Mama!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Maine-ly France-Places I Want to Live!

Hello and Salut mes amis!

Ahh, the beauty of travel-journeys that revitalize, mesmerize and captivate our senses-is one of the great joys in life.

Two such places find their place deep within my heart-Maine and France. Maine is a place I've traveled to several times and it simply takes my breath away. It's such a beautiful, beautiful place. I want to live there. France is a place I visit almost every day...in my mind. I hear it's a beautiful,beautiful place. And, I want to live there,too.

Maine, with its magnificent forests and craggy coastlines, quaint little historic towns, and lovely pastoral countrysides makes me positively daydreamy. I could daydream the day away with vivid recollections of this amazing place crashing into my mind like the waves that crash into its lengthy shoreline-continually, fervently.



Places you absolutely must see: Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Lisa Steele's Fresh Eggs Daily farm, Boothbay Harbor, the classic New England town of Portland, Camden, and the delightful little fishing town of Rockport.

Maine is soooo much more than forest land and sightings of monstrous moose, although, just as I am anxiously awaiting to spot the elusive Wassergass Black Bear, I would like to spot a real moose someday! Again, from AFAR!! Seriously though, Maine is breathtaking! It's beauty is incomparable-there's just no place like it on earth. This notable northern work of art has it all-seafood, one of a kind finds for the antique treasure hunter, vast beaches and acres of pure undisturbed forests, lovely historical lighthouses, quaint shops overflowing with books, odds and ends, nautical knick knacks and much, much more.

France, with its foreign allure, the city of lights, quaint little historic towns, and lovely pastoral countrysides, also makes me positively daydreamy.

Image courtesy of Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee from FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Places I long to see one day:gay Paris with its towering landmark, the Eiffel Tower, Chelles, where my friend, Bea calls home, the town of Lyon, recommended to me by my new fellow writer friend Rose M Griffith, the pretty town of Annecy and it's beautiful spotless lake, The Luxembourg Gardens, pretty, pretty, pretty Provence, of course The Pont Alexandre III, Etretat, Carcassone, and The Dordogne Region in central France.

The country of France is home to famous art treasures, rich cuisine, miles of fine wine trails, cute little cafes on the street, markets and museums, beaches and rolling hills, yet it's missing one small detail...me. Oh, I've no doubt that one day I will step foot on French soil. And, oh how sweet that day will be. I can picture it so vividly in my mind that I can almost taste that first bite of my freshly baked croissant, mmmmmm! Bon appetit!

I want to explore the countrsides. I want to walk along the bustling Parisian streets, pause to rest at a sidewalk cafe, and try my hand at speaking the native tongue to order a sweet treat...delicieuse!



Goodbye and aurevoir for now my friends! I'll see you at the top of the La tour Eiffel!




2 comments:

  1. Karen, I really enjoyed your post and I too want to live in Maine. I grew up in a seaside town on the west coast of Scotland and the memories of crashing waves, as they batter against the sea walls, make me homesick. Lately I have been contemplating where I want to live and I cannot not help but be drawn to Maine, for it beautiful coast line, plus it’s closer to Scotland than North Carolina ;) Your post made me want to visit even more, for I have yet to visit, thanks for planting that seed a little deeper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment, S.K. I simply LOVE Maine-there's beauty everywhere you look.I think I'll have to dig up the photographs from our visits there and write a tribute to the great state of Maine post-Keeping the Main-e Thing the Main Thing...sorry ahead of time if that makes you weepy!
      Karen

      Delete