Miss Beatrix Potter Hen

Miss Beatrix Potter Hen
Miss Bea posing for Mama!

Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Life of a True Christian in the Face of Struggle

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Amen and amen!

According to twentieth century evangelist, Oswald Chambers,"Character in a saint means the disposition of Jesus Christ persistently manifested." Everyday life is difficult to say the very least. How can we persistently manifest Jesus Christ when every single day we come in contact with people and situations that continually cause us frustration-when family and friends disappoint us, when people continually cut us off in traffic, when the "difficult to love" people in our lives push our buttons, when the children are whining and the dog vomits all over the new family room carpet, when the budget just doesn't quite stretch as far as needed, when the mountain of dirty laundry seems unconquerable  and when our patience is running so thin that it's as faded, flimsy and raggedy as your favorite old T-shirt that's clearly seen better days, but you desperately struggle to hang on to it.

We don't! But, what we do do, is try our utmost for Him. We equip ourselves as "new creations" with the armor we need to persevere and push on in all circumstances. No, it's not easy. It's downright difficult and may seem impossible at times. It is NOT impossible, though!With the right mindset and the "perfect gifts from above" we can persevere through anything that life throws at us. When life literally stinks, I've found that prayer works. Immersing myself in Jesus's promises reassures. Lifting my voice up in song and worshipping my creator God, refreshes and renews my spirit.

Will my spirit dip low tomorrow? Perhaps. Will I struggle with the ordinary frustrations of life? Definitely! I may even be hit with extraordinarily difficult and stressful periods and face tragedy in my own life or in the lives of family and friends. Just because we are Christian believers and made new in Him, we are not immune to the struggles of life here on earth. We are just much better equipped to deal with them.


In light of the brutal and tragic attacks on the beautiful La Ville Lumieres or City of Lights, I pray that you find comfort in prayer and the promise that God is with you every moment of every day.

My thoughts and prayers are with those in and around the beautiful city of Paris.

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.:- Isaiah 41:10






2 comments: